Welcome to the home of the SHRA Sharks! This site is an online portal to all things for SHRA swimming. On this site you will find our handbook, calendar and important dates. From this site you will be able to sign up for events for B meets, volunteer for meets and mark your swimmer as unavailable for A meets when you are out of town.
- A swimmer’s age on June 1 will determine their eligibility to compete in a particular age group. Swimmers will no longer be moved to the next age group if their birthday falls during the season
- We participate in several different types of meets
- A Meets – are every Saturday morning from mid-June to the end of July; SHRA swimmers compete against other pools in a 6-team division; the meets are competitive and how our swimmers perform is important to them individually as well as the team.
- B Meets – are every Monday evening and are open to all swimmers. No team score is kept and all swimmers are encouraged to participate.
- Relay Carnival – on a particular Wednesday evening, SHRA’s relay teams compete against the other teams in our division.
- IM Carnival – on a particular date, SHRA swimmers can elect to swim an Individual Medley against swimmers from across the region.
Interested in officiating?
All of our swim meets require certified officials. If you're interested in becoming one, please visit the NVSL website to learn when and where qualifying clinics will be held. You will have the best view on deck and directly contribute to successful meets. Don't worry about possibly putting someone else out of an officiating job. You won't.
If you do qualify, please let Jamie and Karen know.
Looking to swim deeper?
The swim reps are calling for swim rep shadows who would be willing to become future swim reps. Our need is relatively pressing. In particular, for this year, we are looking to ease some of the responsibilities and have a B meet swim rep look after all matters B meet related (this may be attractive to those who don't wish to give up their Saturday mornings but are willing to be be in charge on Monday evenings). Additionally for 2019, we are looking for a replacement for Karen who will phase out as swim rep.
If you wish to have a front row seat at swim meets, get to meet all the swim families, and be more active in your child's summer swim activities, please reach out to Jamie and Karen.